Sally Gaven has over 20 years' experience in social policy, evaluation and stakeholder engagement - with a focus on strengthening outcomes in mental health, health, social cohesion and family support.
Sally's peer-reviewed paper on a major cross-government evaluation (co-authored with Janet Schorer, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet) was published by the Australian Institute of Family Studies in its prestigious Family Matters journal. Also: press coverage and IPAA State Conference presentation.
In 2014, Sally received the University of Sydney's Dean's Citation for her work teaching Critical Thinking in Business for the Business School's Masters Program.
Current and recent projects:
- Pan-jurisdictional evaluation framework for NSW Cancer Plan 2011-2015 for NSW Health pillar
- Review of Joint Investigation & Response Teams to enhance access for Aboriginal children in sexual assault matters - NSW Police, FACS, NSW Health
- Mental health capacity building projects for UnitingCare
- Strategic policies and Recovery Approach frameworks for Partners In Recovery
- Consumer and Carer Engagement framework for Partners in Recovery
- Community Engagement Strategy for NSW Community Relations Commission
- Service model for early intervention child and family mental health
- Strategic and business planning for Department of Education & Communities
Recent clients: NSW Kids & Families, National Mental Health Commission, Cancer Institute NSW, Community Relations Commission, Eastern Sydney Medicare Local, UnitingCare, New Horizons, University of Sydney
Sally Gaven Consulting Pty Ltd is a member of the NSW Performance & Management Services Prequalification Scheme and is pre-approved to provide evaluation, performance reviews, strategic planning, policy development, governance, reporting, communications and issues management services (projects up to $150k require only one quote from a pre-approved supplier).